|Posted on May 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM|
When you first start your business you try to figure out the best ways to market/advertise without spending money you just don’t have. Starting a business is costly and you may not see a return on your investment right away. I believe that success depends on the support of others and you need someone on your team right away, but it first must start with you. You will be your best or worst cheerleader. Be confident and persistent when marketing your product or service. Here are some ways to get started right out of the gate:
• Get business cards printed (sites like vistaprint are sometimes free but are also affordable)
• Start a website (weebly.com and webs.com are free websites, you can always purchase a domain at a later date by visiting godaddy.com)
• Create social accounts for your business & business pages on sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and allow people to follow you on Twitter
• Post promos and business announcements via social media & create links back to your website
• Create a letter/email to friends and family announcing your new business
• Host a mini launch party and invite friends, family and colleagues to learn about your new product or service
• Join meetup.com and connect with individuals that have your same business interests
• Send out postcards announcing your business
• Post your business on free business directories in your area
• Post your business information on free sites and places you frequent (i.e. nail salon, hair salon, church, daycare center, cleaners, and etc.)
• Take advantage of bulletin boards at grocery stores, Starbucks, area Laundromats, restaurants like Panera Bread and other places that will allow you post a flyer or business card.
• Participate with expos, festivals and social events where you can market and showcase your product or service.
• Advertise your business on a car magnet remember to keep it short and sweet (i.e. business name, service, phone number, website and email address)
• Talk to those who have been successful business owners and get their advice…it never hurts to pick the brains of others and get new insight
• Research, research, research by reading blogs, business reports, magazines, publications and other literary works
Hard work and determination are a few tools that you need to get going but once you get started it gets easier along the way.